Saturday, January 26, 2013

Introduction


Over the years I found so many things that inspire me, met so many people that give me hope to continue on the path of making my art. In doing this blog, I wanted to create a place where I could share many of the things that inspire me and introduce others to wonderful artist and creative thinkers. I love the saying “make it and people will come”. It’s kind of what I live by I guess. I try my best to do work that has meaning and purpose not just for myself but for others too. Just this morning I got a touching email from a woman with a sick child. She told me the painting I did really helped her feel positive when she was in the hospital with her daughter. Man, I never expected that kind of connection but it really reminded me that making art is about reaching out to others. It’s about putting yourself out there even if it feels extremely vulnerable. Having the courage to do so takes work and many times we need the help of others. In doing this blog I hope to explore the many aspects of creativity and I welcome any comments, thoughts, and contributions. Please feel free to send me anything you’d like to share, either email me at mariacarluccio@verizon.net, comment on Facebook (link) or just post a comment below. 
*On the right side of the blog I’ll be posting places the I go when I need a little creative juice. If you like some of these “creative wandering spots” or think you have something you’d like to share, feel free to contact me as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment