Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Martin Luther King project

It was really nice to see the MLK/JFK show last night at FIT. I thought I'd post what I did for that project. I ended up doing two versions. Here's my artist statement:

A desire for equality was something Martin Luther King lived and died by. His work was facilitated through the support of countless people from different races, genders, and ages. Through these marches, single identities joined together to become a powerful force and individuals discovered a new way to see their nation. As I look at photos of the freedom marches and I am astounded by the spirit and strength endured by supporters of the cause. I choose to illustrate the people who marched and the bond that I believed they felt during such a tumultuous time in our nations history. 


No comments:

Post a Comment